Sunday 20 June 2010

travelers diarrhea stucks us in Lamman julla(rishikesh)

Sunday, 20.06 better health --> bus to Dharamsala (to Dalai Lama)

Finally we are leaving this place Laxman Julla (Part of Rishikesh).
I sick of this place. Every day the same. Like in the shitty movie, "Taeglich gruesst das murmeltier" (Groundhog day). Healthy body in healthy mind. The bus goes at 4pm untill 6.am on Monday. To morning we had "Putcha", Praying, spiritual ceremony. I set together in Triloks flat. Dark. Candles, Inscences, colorful powders, orison in Hindi, spiritual scenery...
I need colder climate, nature, I like and need to hike... good mind in health mind

keep in touch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharamsala

Thursday, 17.06 guess.....jep still in Rishikesh

first, I/we went again to the clinic. The doc extended my "killing the amoeba parasite with antibiotic medicine" for 4 days more. Hannah stay in hospital for 24h for observation, but i think she also will recover soon. Today, after an other sleepless painful night the day started horrible with "abdominal cramping" (Bauchkraempfen) and as usual diarrhea followed with stomach pain BUT (seems the medicine starts to work or is it my positive motivation :)the day went mostly painless and i also could eat a huge veggi noddle plate. I "chomped them countless and timeless times", to state, i celebrated them rather than i ate them :)After bit of rice on Tue and bit of potato muse on Wed next step back to solid food :). I felt stronger this day.

As well I purchased a INDIAN MOBILE....
+917895168758
My austrian number SIM I will carry but only insert in the mobile seldom.
Also with this number its possible again to text, or short call...

I ll keep u updated. Keep in touch





Tuesday, 15.06 still in Rishikesh

Because of sickness we both are staying longer here.
Hannah felt sick on Sunday morning, diarrhea, stomach ache etc.
Monday, yesterday after preparing breakfast, i ate only a few spoons and i felt full. WIthout energy suddenly. I had a sleep. I woke up with fever. Also for me diarrhea started, but sill not that serious as hannah had. We went to a recommended doctor, clinic. After some "stool examination", hannah has a food poisoning (Lebensmittel vergifung) with "suspicion of amoeba (Amoeben). I had 40 degrees fever there and they assess/located for sure amoeba in my gut (Darm). Hannah got injection (Tropf) and got a injection in my ass :) to calm the fever and i also got antibiotic medicine to kill the amoebae. The last night was horrible. I could not sleep, i neede to go to toilet countless times, horrible pain, i drank water because i was thirsty but the water made me fell sick to my stomach (likely to vomit), my belly was bloated (aufgeblaeht) and painful. Anway. Doctor told us within 2, 3 days we should recover ourselfs. One strange thing by the way, according to the doctor it is not really possible do develop a parasite like amoebae that fast, he told me its possible that it stems from my time in nicaragua. Anyway. Also he recommend as we had planned to go to cooler plcae in the mountains such as Manali/Darhamsala/Mcleod Ganj...also i think the heat, the climate is still to much for my body.
Well we will cure our sickness here (clean room, good air, not that loud as in as in dehli etc) and then we will go on with traveling.

Don't worry i, we will recover soon. //felling that helpless sick, with pain i remembered even more good health//

keep in touch

2 comments:

  1. Ach, Martin! Ich wünsche dir eine gute Besserung! Und hoffentlich gibt es keine Probleme mehr! Schöne Fotos, aber du musst doch dich erholen!

    P.S. Alles ist auf Spanisch hier, auf deinem Blog, meine ich :) Kein Problem, aber ich wollte dir das trotzdem mal sagen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss harmon(y)!!!!!!!!!!!

    YES WE DID. We got a 5 for our essay and presentation....you saw on Netti oppsu? First step for 2024!!! Be ware!!! I will change the language...I already did, but maybe Spanish is more "resistant" than I thought. danke nochmals amanda. Wie sehen denn deine plaene aus fuer den sommer? wann gehts zurueck nach california? enjoy und keep in touch!!! danke fuer deinen post und danke fuer die blumen (=thanks for the complimet according the nice pics)

    ReplyDelete